Excessive hair can be a problem for men and women. There are a few ways you can treat the problem.
- Razors. Many people use this method. It can give good results but the effects are very temporary – some people have hair re-growth within just a few hours!
- Wax strips. Often considered the most painful of hair removal treatment, wax strips remove hair for a longer amount of time but don’t always get the hard to reach areas, leaving an imperfect effect.
- Hair removal creams. These are the kind you apply in the shower and then scrub off. Their effectiveness is questionable and they can also be messy and expensive to maintain.
- Laser hair removal. This is a more permanent method of hair removal, which many people are finding really works and delivers long lasting results. For those of you who have light skin and dark hair you will most benefit from this treatment. Although laser hair removal cannot guarantee every single hair follicle on the area being treated will be removed, it will guarantee an extreme reduction of hair growth which is something that other hair removal solutions simply do not achieve.
Now is the time to be thinking about how to prepare your body for the summer, so which hair removal method you opt for is important. If you want laser hair removal, you should decide this now so your skin can be ready for the warmer months.
This treatment consists of;
- Firstly, a briefing. A briefing with your doctor or clinician will be booked to discuss where you want the laser hair removal treatment. This will allow you to become familiar with your technician and the process.
- When you reach your appointment you can ask any last minute questions.
- The area being treated will be shaved and then cleaned.
- An anaesthetic cream will then be applied, this will reduce any possible pain you may feel.
- Most don’t feel pain. Some may feel a tingling sensation, this will be caused by the highly concentrated light beams used to eradicate the hair follicles.
- During this part of the treatment, another anaesthetic cream will be applied to ensure you are as comfortable as possible during the treatment.
- Depending on the size of the area being treated, this session can take from a few minutes up to an hour, making it a quick treatment and you will be in and out in no time.
- The sessions will have to be repeated in order for the treatment to fully take effect. This is because hair is in different hair phases and some may not have been effected the first time round. Patients usually have a session once a month over a course of 4-6 months. Sometimes for larger areas this will take longer, maybe up to a year.
- After the laser hair removal procedure you may experience some soreness or swelling which are all normal reactions and they will settle down within a few hours.
For those men and women that are sick and tired of having to shave every few days to achieve perfect skin, or use waxing strips, laser hair removal offers the ultimate solution. You can invest in this treatment to have something far more worthwhile which will have all parts of your body including your legs, chest, back and arms looking healthy and silky soft.
This treatment is cost effective, too. Although there is an initial one off cost (costing as little as £100 for smaller areas) it is considered more cost-effective in the long term. This leaves you with a bit of extra cash at the end of the month to spend on other things aside from razors or wax strips.
Laser hair removal will also be less time-consuming because it will save you hours in the morning from shaving and waxing, or even tweezing and plucking.
With laser hair removal, you will be left with the perfect beach body for the summer months, something that everyone wants to achieve. So ditch the razors, creams and wax and invest in laser hair removal for any area of your body which needs effective hair removal.