Microneedling – a treatment that helps minimise the signs of ageing, rejuvenate the skin and improve the appearance of stubborn acne and scars. Better yet it’s minimally invasive and delivers exceptional results. Ready to learn the benefits of Microneedling?
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a popular treatment known as collagen induction therapy. It involves super-fine needles that are applied with an electric device or traditional by a hand rolling device called a dermaroller. The needles can be set at differing depths to penetrate the upper layers of the skin, creating tiny wounds. Why?
The wounds signal to the body that it’s time to heal: causing it to produce collagen and elastin fibres. Collagen gives our skin its strength and elasticity; elastin gives skin its remarkable ability to “bounce back” when pinched or pulled. Both of these can diminish as we age.
Microneedling spurs production of these key elements, promoting fuller, younger-looking skin.
Ideal for acne scarring
If you have ever had acne, maybe as a teenager it may have left your skin with blemishes. The pimples may have left skin indentations and discoloration behind in the form of acne scars changing your complexion and tone and texture.
With microneedling good news is even long term damage can be reversed. Microneedling, using the Dermapen, is the latest advancement in skin rejuvenation and can restore your skins healthy complexion underneath.
A course of 4-6 treatments would be required for best results spread 4-6 weeks apart. Results are noticeable after just one session. Unlike more abrasive laser treatments such as laser resurfacing, Dermapen microeedling can give you many of the same benefits at a lower price.
How deep can microneedling go?
The needles with microneedling can be set at different levels from 0.5mm up 2.5mm. The deeper needles penetrate the skin the more aggressive the treatment. Different needle depths are designed to treat different conditions.
With devices like Dermapen different depths can be used in a single treatment. A low depth can be set to go gently around delicate areas with thinner skin and deeper around other areas.
- Gentle penetration with 0.5mm depth
This setting will open the skin just long enough for nourishing serums to be effectively absorb. So is a good rejuvenation treatment.
- Medium penetration 1mm depth
Ideal if you are hoping to address sun damage and light acne scarring. Skin texture and tone is positively effected at this depth
- Deeper penetration 2.5mm depth
For healing acne scars and stretch marks which require a more aggressive treatment to get results.
11 Benefits of microneedling and why you should at it to you skincare routine
While it may sound intimidating, microneedling delivers a host of benefits:
- It effectively treats a wide array of skin issues, including acne scarring, surgical scarring, lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, age spots, rosacea and more.
- It is minimally invasive. You can have a procedure at a trusted clinic and go about your day.
- Recovery time is quick. Sure, the word “wounds” sounds scary, but they are simply very small pinpricks. You will likely experience some mild swelling and/or redness that may feel a bit like a slight sunburn for a day or two. You may also have slight bleeding or bruising. But as a result, your skin will appear revived and rejuvenated.
- Microneedling improves the effectiveness of your everyday beauty products, such as cleansers, lotions and sunscreens.
- This procedure is effective on all skin types.
- Microneedling is less expensive than many other types of resurfacing treatments.
- It is effective on your face, scalp and body.
- Reduced wrinkles on the lips or smokers lines
- Improves skin texture.
- Reduces visibility of skin pores.
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks.
Top Microneedling Treatments
Premier Laser & Skin offers different microneedling options –
In this treatment, thousands of microscopic needs are applied to the skin in horizontal, vertical and oblique directions. Don’t worry: our specialist will start by applying a topical anaesthetic 30 to 45 minutes before the procedure. This typically takes 15 to 20 minutes.
This treatment incorporates new technology to minimise bleeding and pain. Micro-needles penetrate the skin at a vertical angle. This method is faster and can be used in smaller areas and those with contours, making it more effective on the face than dermarolling.
A remarkable option, INFINI 3D Skin Tightening combines microneedling and three-dimensional radio frequency treatments. The needs create micro-holes into which localised radio frequency is introduced. This process tightens and smooths the skin.
Ask our expert team which micro-needling solution is best for you by booking a free consultation today in one of our 9 London clinics