As I am writing this the sun is shining brightly through the window, creating a magical animated pattern of light as the blinds gently sway in the wind. The birds can be heard singing outside and U2’s it’s a beautiful day is playing on the radio.
Summer is starting to awaken from its long hibernation and thoughts of summer holidays and days on the beach start to flood the mind. It’s that time of year to dig out them shorts and the bikinis from somewhere deep in your wardrobe and prepare for the warm months ahead. Suddenly the realisation kicks in; you have been a little bit lazy and have neglected your legs over the winter months and have not kept your pins in pristine condition. Don’t worry this is easily done and we won’t judge you but it’s time to do something about it. You can’t very well walk along the beach with furry legs now can you? It’s time to turn on that laptop or pick up the phone and book a laser hair removal appointment.
Laser Hair Removal
There are 3 main stages to your laser hair removal treatment. Obviously the main one is the actual laser hair removal itself but the preparation and aftercare are just as important.
Below I will run through the 3 stages and what you should and shouldn’t do before, during and after your laser hair removal treatment.
Prior to your laser hair removal appointment you should:
1. Avoid Tanning…yes that means the sun bed too.
2. Avoid waxing or plucking for around 2-4 weeks.
3. A day or two before your treatment you should shave the area that you want to have treated. The hair follicles should be present however longer hairs can be more painful to treat.
4. Clean the area that you are having treated – this especially includes removing any cosmetics, creams and body lotion. (this can be done the night before and the morning of the treatment)
During The Appointment
During the appointment you should:
1. Make sure you are wearing clothing that will leave the treated area exposed or are very loose fitting. (otherwise it’s time to strip off).
2. If you are worried about pain speak to your laser clinician as they will be able to apply a topical aesthetic cream that will numb any pain.
3. Make sure to wear the protective eye goggles.(We know they don’t look very cool but safety is of top priority)
After The Appointment
After the appointment:
1. It is recommended sun cream is applied for 4 weeks after on areas exposed to sunlight
2. Try to avoid irritating the treated area by shaving, waxing, plucking and bleaching directly after the treatment.
3. Keep area clean to avoid any infection
4. Around a week after the laser hair removal treatment you should begin exfoliating the surface of the skin. This will remove any hairs as the body begins to push out the dead hair follicles.
That’s it, it really couldn’t be any more simpler. Book your appointment today and make sure you have perfectly smooth skin ready for the summer.