You should follow some simple tips to ensure your money’s worth of treatments. These include:
- To test that your treatment is effective, it’s important to make sure that there is stubble growing in the area that you want to treat. This means that you should avoid shaving the area for a few days prior to your treatment, to allow the hair to grow back to the appropriate length. By doing this, you will give your treatment the best chance of success, as the hair will be at the ideal length to be targeted by the treatment.
- In order to achieve the best results with laser hair removal, it is important to avoid waxing or tweezing for at least six weeks before the treatment. This is because these hair removal methods damage the hair follicle and make it more difficult for the laser to target the hair. By refraining from these techniques, the hair will grow back naturally, and the laser will be able to more effectively eliminate the hair at the root. So, it is recommended to avoid waxing or tweezing for at least six weeks before your laser hair removal appointment.
- Before you go for your laser hair removal treatment, it is important to avoid tanning, whether it’s through sun exposure or using self-tanning products. This is because the laser targets the pigment in the hair follicle, and if your skin is darker due to tanning, the laser can’t differentiate between the hair and skin pigment. This can result in the laser burning the skin and causing complications such as hyperpigmentation, blistering, or scarring. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid tanning for at least 4 to 6 weeks before your laser hair removal session to ensure the best possible results and reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects.
- After your laser hair removal, you shouldn’t sunbathe. Your skin may still be recovering from the treatment and this could damage it.
- You should moisturise after the treatment. Your clinician should tell you which products are best; this helps restore the natural moisture balance in your skin.
- About 5 days after laser hair removal, you should use a sugar scrub to get rid of excess hair falling out. This is an exfoliate and can help your skin become supple and soft.
- Follow your salon’s instructions. As everyone is different, each person will have different care instructions depending on their needs, areas being treated and skin and hair type. Following the expert’s advice is vital in ensuing you receive a professional laser hair removal treatment.