If you have unwanted facial hair and are looking for effective ways to remove it on a more permanent basis, then laser hair removal could be the right choice for you. Read why you should consider men’s facial laser hair removal in our guide.
Why Should You Consider Laser Hair Removal on Your Face?
- Having unwanted hair on your face can be time-consuming to upkeep.
- Laser hair removal can be considered if you are:
- Tired of shaving every day
- Don’t enjoy having five o’clock shadow – five minutes after you’ve shaved
- Get a lot of ingrown hairs, razor burn, rashes or failed shaping attempts frequently
- Have hair that creeps up high on your face or irritates your neck
If you have answered yes to any of the above. Maybe it is time to find out more about laser hair removal treatment.
Facial Hair Removal For Men
If you think you are sentenced to a lifetime of shaving – or more painful still, waxing, you’ll want to consider laser hair removal for your beard.
Laser hair removal benefits are:
- Removes up to 90% of your hair permanently and is an effective way to reduce hair growth.
- Is a safe and effective treatment
- Reduces pain and ingrown hairs
- It is a straightforward process with low upkeep between sessions
Is Male Facial Removal Popular?
Laser hair removal clinics in London, once the exclusive domain for women, now have more and more men coming through their doors every month as the word spreads.
With the explosion of social media and the power of influencers on platforms like Instagram who share their lifestyle, fitness and beauty regimes, more men have come to see the benefits of lasers.
Whether it be on the face, beard line, chest, or having the ‘back, sack and crack’ done, laser hair removal can help you stay groomed and look your best for longer.
Will Laser Work Effectively On My Beard?
Laser hair removal is a quick process where concentrated laser light is directed at the hair follicles to reduce regrowth. Lasers can work on all skin types and tones, so if you are light or dark skin laser can give you the results you are after.
Laser hair removal is not painful – it has been compared to a rubber band pinged against your skin. There is little downtime afterward. Skin may appear red and feel like it is sunburned afterwards but this should gradually go away after a few hours.
You are also advised to stay away from activities that would make your skin hot; like saunas, steam rooms and exercise. High-factor SPF must also be worn to protect your skin, which is sensitive after laser.
Is Laser Suitable For All Skin Tones?
You may have heard that laser does not work on darker skin tones but this was the case when lasers were first invented. The modern lasers such as the Candela Gentlemax Pro that we use at Premier Laser are advanced industry technology.
They are FDA-approved, medical grade 4 – the same used in hospitals and use the dual wavelength of Alexandrite and Nd: YAG, which gives excellent results on most skin tones and types.
Who Is Male Facial Laser Hair Removal For?
- You want to remove a full beard
- Laser hair removal can help you achieve a clean-cut look, without the bothersome little razor cuts.
- You want to shape your beard. Like a trim, neat appearance? You can tighten up your beard with targeted laser hair removal. For example, if your beard creeps up on your cheeks or bothers you on the neck, you can elect to have that hair removed.
- You want a little extra room in your morning routine. Have that second cup of coffee; you’ve saved time not having to shave!
- You want a long-term solution. Laser Hair Removal provides a long-term solution for facial hair reduction.
How Much Will Laser On My Face Cost?
Laser hair removal requires more than one session. All your hair will not disappear after just one session. Larger areas will need more sessions. If you are just having your beard line defined or shaped, then this may be done in a handful of sessions. Larger areas will need between 4–8 sessions.
Book A Free Consultation in London & Surrey
Premier Laser are London’s leading and largest independent laser hair removal and skin specialists. With 9 award-winning clinics across London open 7 days a week, we have performed over 500,000 since 2008. We offer a complimentary consultation where we can advise the best course of treatment for you depending on your skin type and goals. Contact us online or call us on 020 3871 8218 to book or for further information.